In the context of the current debates about carbon emissions and lightweight construction, KraussMaffei Technologies GmbH, Munich, Germany, has pushed ahead with the development of high-pressure resin transfer molding (HD-RTM) in recent years, with the aim of producing fiber-reinforced parts in large quantities. High-pressure injection permits highly reactive resin systems to be processed. This reduces cycle times significantly compared to conventional RTM processes.
The HD-RTM variants by KraussMaffei presented here cover different parts and process requirements. With C-RTM, the relatively low cavity pressure reduces the investment costs for the press. Wet molding permits recycled fibers to be processed, leading to more efficient material usage. Parts produced by the T-RTM process consist of a thermoplastic matrix, and can therefore, e.g., be recycled or welded if necessary. The surface RTM process produces paintable surfaces and is particularly suitable for the production of visible fiber-reinforced components.
The variants presented here are used in a wide variety of industries and applications. Over 80 HD-RTM machines by KraussMaffei are currently in use around the world.
Machinery and Tooling
- KraussMaffei is providing all main technologies to manufacture plastic parts (Injection Molding, Reaction process machinery, Extrusion)
- Reaction process machinery: Equipment for simple foam application with automation up to high end fiber reinforced parts .
- Equipment: Mold carrier; molds; dosing systems; automation; robots; preforming; trimming solution
- Prototyping: With one of the largest plastic tech center in the world, KM has the opportunity to produce any kind of prototypes in the RTM technology.
Process Optimization and Consulting
- Out of the reason KM is offering all kind of production methods for plastics, KMs product managers also consult companies in new technologies.
- With the installed global composite network, KM can support in all relevant disciplines (design, simulation, material selection, prototyping, etc.)
Joint development of products with organo sheet suppliers, tool makers and OEMs, especially within the Automotive industry.
Product and Sale Manager Composite & Surface
+49 89 8899 2460
KraussMaffei Technologies GmbH